About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - I Do Not Worship a Sissy God

My God is the God of love, but he's not a lovesick god of valentines hearts and silk flower bouquets that is hiding in the corner until drawn out with a trail of Reese's Pieces and promises of sweet guitar sonatas. My God is the God of true love. How much love? My God is so much in love with my brothers and sisters and I that he is burning with love,
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. (Deuteronomy 4:24)
and He is jealous of anything that endangers that love, anything that would come between my brothers and sisters in Christ and Him
4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. (Exodus 20:4-6)
Saying that "God is love" does not mean He is incapable of other feelings as some false teachers would have you believe (Cough * Rob Bell * Cough). Why do you think that God hates haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, hearts that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, false witnesses that utters lies, and those who spreads strife among brothers?(Proverbs 6:16-19) Because He loves us. He loves us so much He sent His only son to be humiliated, tortured, and murdered in order to save us. That's no sissy god, that's an All Powerful, All Loving God.

He loves us, even though we're evil.


No comments:

Post a Comment