About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

WWUTT Wednesday - The Shack

There's no deep meaning or slander intended in this photograph, it's an outhouse, a small shack out back, down wind, and it only has one purpose in life (ok, two purposes). This one may be old but it's not bad as outhouses go. First of all, it's a "one holer" rather than two, which is nice, and you'd know what I mean if you ever spent time in a "two holer". The flashing on the top of the roof tells me it has a ridge vent so it's not going to be an oven in the summer. I thought the item to the upper left of the door was an exterior light, but when I zoomed in I noticed that it was a red headed woodpecker, and that's pretty cool. I mention this 'little house on the prairie' because it has an actual purpose (ok, two purposes), so by all means use it. This shack has my stamp of approval. You may be squeamish but other than olfactory issues there's noting sinister about this shack, and if you leave the door open, you have a nice view of the woods which is nice in case you forget your magazine. On the other hand I cannot approve William P. Young's shack for anything except if you forget your Sears catalog when going to my shack. 

I've written about William P. Young's The Shack before here, and here, and I entertained guest columns here, and here, You may get the idea that I am not overly thrilled with The Shack and you would be right, and I'm incredibly not thrilled about the movie The Shack. The director of The Shack, Stuart Hazeldine, only has 2 other credits to his resume, Exam which was filmed 8 years ago, and the heretical short film Christian which is described as The King Of The Jews meets The Lord Of The Flies which was filmed 13 years ago. I'll let WWUTT describe the rest


3 comments:

  1. All this and more is why I just can't understand why Christian publishers and book stores decide it is more important to make money than it is to protect people from lies. And it is hard to understand why anyone who calls themselves Christian could spend money on this book and movie and even praise it. The ignorance of the body of Christ is much due to the lack of good expository teaching from the pulpit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't refute what you don't read. In order to reason with other people who read it and think it is true you have to have read it to know where it goes against scripture.
    As for good expository preaching, good luck with that. Preachers, pastors, reverends get their credentials from the seminary they attend, that being said they can not get their degree unless they give back to their professors the material their professors taught if they don't parrot back to the professor what they taught they don't pass, no degree. So they proclaim from the pulpit what they were taught which may or may not be true to scripture. Trust no man, Christ warned his disciples (and us) "Take heed no man deceive you".

    ReplyDelete