About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WWUTT Wednesday: The Thief Comes to Steal, Kill, and Destroy

I love the video selected for today, if anything at all, it shows that a verse taken out of context is easily misconstrued. So many bible verses can be misused, one that seems to be especially and joyfully misused is Matthew 7:1 which is the one verse nonbelievers always seem to have at the ready to justify their bad behavior.

A real classic is Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. I see that everywhere: on t-shirts, on bumper stickers, on greeting cards. It's used as a rallying cry to climb mountains, win championships, paint the house, etc. However in context it's much different, Paul was letting the church of Philippi know that God has strengthened him in good times and bad. Paul was harassed, beaten, stoned, shipwrecked, and finally imprisoned and he endured all due to his faith in God and his love of Christ.


So what about the thief that comes to steal, kill, and destroy - Satan right? Maybe not...


No comments:

Post a Comment