About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, August 5, 2016

Random Bits

"I walk through this sinful world as a 
pilgrim in a foreign country" - CH Spurgeon
It's been a pretty busy week here in the high country. A co-worker was in town from his location in Florida and was impressed with the lack of oxygen up here. We got a lot of work done and I was able to give him a bit of a tour of the mountains in the Denver area. We even got to visit a couple of ghost towns; Nevadaville and Russel Gulch. It was his first trip up there and my first trip above 6,000' since May.

The brightest part of this past week is the fact that I had no dealings at all with the presidential race. No news, no news papers, and when scouring the internet for Random Bits I completely avoided anything to do with the election. I even avoided my favorite radio talk show, Red Eye Radio. (It was easy, the main hosts were both on vacation and I'm not a big fan of their fill-in host.) My bride is not a big news fanatic either which made it even nicer. If I can do another week like this, that will take me up to vacation and I know I'm not going to bother with the news at all then, unless I-70 is blocked by a huge glowing crater. Then I may turn off Audible and turn on the radio. I suggest everyone try this, because with those two running for office, you can loose a lot of sanctification

Daesh* is not the problem, it's Islam.

Of course it's a gift from Heaven, Mark. Welcome to God's country.

The Reason Rally, a big atheist get together and celebration of self worship was canceled. I guess they didn't believe in it


Chinese authorities have sentenced Christian church leader Hu Shigen to seven and a half years in prison for “damaging national security and harming social stability”

Religion of Peace Update #1 - British Muslim preacher whose rhetoric radicalized three brits to join Daesh* preaches that sex slaves are permissible in Islam

Religion of Peace Update #2 - Daesh* calls on Christians to abandon Christianity, arguing that Jesus himself was “a slave of Allah” who will “wage jihad” upon returning to earth.

Religion of Peace Update #3 - As I mentioned last week, Mr Pope said one of the daffiest things any pope has ever said - that the atrocities in the Middle East are not a religious war. This week Daesh* responds. Man, it's got to suck when you're taken to school by a bunch of stone age murderers, rapists, and slavers

Even Franklin Graham took Mr. Pope to school on that "not a religious war" bloviation

Mr. Pope has appointed a special commission to examine the roll of women as deacons

Does Mr. Pope think that Catholics are beheading Muslim hostages and selling their children in to sexual slavery?

An employee of World Vision has been funneling millions of dollars to Hamas, a Muslim terrorist organization bent on destroying Israel

Lame duck VP Joe Biden performs a homosexual fauxmarriage

Rachel Held Evans (absolutely no relation) leaves Evangelicalism because.... wait - who said she was Evangelical in the first place?

An atheist responds to Baptists' service & love

Nova Scotia rules that a Christian law school cannot be denied accreditation over adhering to biblical standards

This really really has to be true, 1000% true - I saw it on the internet

* Daesh

No comments:

Post a Comment