About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Beyonce, Coldplay, the Super Bowl and Satan


1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples. 2 Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; speak of all His wonders. (Psalm 105:1-2)
The memories of Super Bowl 50 will remain fresh in the minds of us Denver-ites for decades to come. The defensive struggle was one for the (NFL) history books. Personally I'll always root for an original AFL team, and I'll always root for the underdog (you get used to doing that as a Buffalo Bills fan) and when I get both I'm in my glory. But mostly I would have payed good money to hear this exchange on live TV:
                Payton Manning, you and the Denver Broncos just won the Super Bowl.                           Where are you going now?
               OMAHA!
And the half time show! Remember the uplifting music? the patriotic tunes? the musically gifted performers? Yeah, me neither. I remember thinking "If it wasn't for Auto-Tune (pitch correcting software designed to correct off-key singing) Beyonce would be waiting tables. The choice of entertainers was strange to say the least. I was in a house full of 20 somethings and when the half time show started the main question was "Who's that?" I responded "Coldplay" and the response was universally "Coldplay? Why them?" And while most performers prefer to do the songs that the audience loves the most, Beyonce chose instead to perform a silly tune she released the day before the game

I guess arrogance and attitude aren't reserved for post game interviews 

But a discerning Christian should have noticed that there was a lot more than bad singing, gay affirmation, and self aggrandizing going on. Pastor Joe Schimmel of Good Fight Ministries has made a video of his findings

1 comment: