About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, June 15, 2015

I Love It When An Actor Comes Out Of The Closet!

To be honest, the first time I saw Chris Pratt was in Guardians of the Galaxy (yes, my guilty pleasure is Marvel films), but I knew of his wife Anna Faris, a very funny and cute comedian. Chris is not ashamed of his faith and speaks openly about it, something that Hollywood tends to frown on. When Chris and Anna's son Jack was born 9 weeks premature they turned to God for help
"We were scared for a long time. We prayed a lot... It restored my faith in God, not that it needed to be restored, but it really redefined it... the baby was so beautiful to us, and I look back at the photos of him and it must have been jarring for other people to come in and see him, but to us he was so beautiful and perfect.”

Doctors told Chris and Anna that their son, Jack, would live with disabilities due to the premature birth, But God healed Jack and he's living a healthy, normal life. Chris also declared his Christian faith when he expressed how God sent him Anna to be his wife.
“Anna and I are meant to be together. Our relationship has made me believe in divine intervention and destiny,”
Pratt is also very vocal about his Christian faith on his personal Facebook… a quality especially rare among celebrities. He frequently quotes Bible verses on his statuses and shares bits of his testimony. Here’s one of the Bible verses Pratt has recently shared on social media.
Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them. (1 John 2:10-11)

Chris Pratt and Anna Faris are not the only Hollywood actors whose faith in God is not kept a secret. Matthew McConaughey set off a fire storm on social media when accepting the Academy Award for best actor he opened his acceptance speech with:
"First off I want to thank God, because he's the one I look up to, he's graced my life with opportunities which I know are not of my hand or any other human kind. He has shown me that it's a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates. In the words of the late Charlie Laughton, who said, 'When you got God you got a friend and that friend is you.'"
Of course his praise was met with thunderous silence, however much of the response on Twitter was barely supportive, as one bullhorn atheist bloviated 
"I thought we could get through the Oscars without someone thanking god but no he had to ruin it, [Expletive deleted] you McConaughey."
That pretty much sums up the atheist faith in one sentence.

Matthew and his wife Camila, a former Brazilian model, have joined in a covenant marriage:
We did a lot of reading and talked to a lot of people that had been divorced, a lot of people that had been happily married. We talked to our pastor. In the end, our understanding was, ‘Let’s go make a covenant, with you, me, and God.
Ever wonder why he's never shortened his name to Matt? Because he was named after Matthew in the bible, he believes shortening it would be disrespectful. He describes his home church as "It's based in the faith that Jesus is the son of God, that he died for our sins, but many different denominations come in"

Kevin Sorbo is a very devout bible believing Christian, which may be odd for someone who played the pagan demi-god Hercules for years. However after an aneurysm and three stroked Kevin had a talk with God
I just broke down and cried.  I felt like there was a death in the family.  I felt like somebody had died and it was me!... Faith is not tangible, you can’t touch it.  It’s something that’s a belief, something that’s inside of you.  And I needed hope and faith to keep pushing myself past every single day of what I was going through and what I felt. My true strength comes from God and certainly from my family right after that.  They’re the most important things in my life.
 Even though he's feeling pressure from the atheist elite of Hollywood, Kevin is till working and working hard. He's best known in the Christian community as Professor Radison, the militant atheist in God's Not Dead, but his roles are far ranging from Abraham Lincoln to John Calvin.

Kevin is very vocal about the double standard in Hollywood
There's so much anger in Hollywood, they don't like the truth, they'd rather belied to and they just attack anybody who doesn't agree their way... Yet they scream for tolerance and they scream for freedom of speech but only if it's their way, I don't begrudge them their beliefs, why do they begrudge mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment