About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Taste And See That The LORD Is Good

“O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! O fear the Lord, you His saints; For to those who fear Him there is no want.” (Psalm 34:8-9)
Only God is truly Good. While man was made in God's image we are tainted with sin and therefore can only recognize good, and many of us are incapable of doing even that and instead see goodness in corrupt and selfish acts of man. Goodness flows not from man's deeds but from God Himself. Once you realize the dichotomy of how insignificant you are compared to God's splendor and majesty yet at the same time how valuable you are to God and how much you are loved by Him that you can finally realize another dichotomy: His love and goodness which invites you in, and His power and holy majesty which sinks you to your knees.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment