About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, July 11, 2014

It's Not The Gay, It's The Pride

Now hamburgers are doing it? America is getting weird. And to be honest we Christians can be pretty weird too. Yes, we are the target of gay vitriol and hate but then we're the target of vitriol and hate from a lot of groups solely for the fact that we love our lord and savior Jesus Christ, and if you didn't know that when you 'signed up' you haven't been reading the manual:
You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. (Matthew 10:22)
Yes, homosexuality is attacking the church, trying to force its way into our midst, changing our traditions and ceremony, attempting to change the way we worship God into the way they worship themselves. What happened to the Presbyterian church (to me at least) is clearly an attack by Satan, but a gay trying to join a church may merely be a sinner trying to find forgiveness from his Master. Homosexuality is not a greater sin than any other, it's just a sin and God hates all sin.

However there is one sin that God truly hates: Pride.
“The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate. (Proverbs 8:13)
Because it leads to unbelief
The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him. All his thoughts are, “There is no God.” (Psalm 10:4)
If you bump into the word haughty keep in mind it's a synonym for pride or proud, the arrogant kind of proud, not the kind of pride we feel about a job well done. Throughout the bible there's warnings against pride, don't let anyone try to convince you that homosexuality or being inhospitable to strangers was the sin of Sodom, it was pride
49 Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. 50 Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it. (Ezekiel 16:49-50)
There's that word "haughty" again. God destroyed two cities because of their detestable pride, and centuries later he turned his chosen people over to Babylon because of their pride:
The Lord God has sworn by Himself, the Lord God of hosts has declared: “I loathe the arrogance of Jacob, And detest his citadels; Therefore I will deliver up the city and all it contains.” (Amos 6:8)
Over and over the Bible warns against pride because pride is the most serious and the most subtle of sins.It's the root of all sin. In our pride we turn away from God instead of turning to Him for help and guidance. All disobedience, rebellion, and mistreatment of other people is cause by pride.  Pride makes you think that you don't need God. Pride is the one sin God intends to punish
Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the LordAssuredly, he will not be unpunished. (Proverbs 16:5)
That's why when I see Gay Pride blanketing the landscape, and the roving fetish fests labeled as Pride Parades I cringe. Here is the ultimate sin on display, and it's not the gay, it's the pride that makes me cringe. I'm not going to engage in the argument "Is there such a thing as a gay Christian?" personally I don't think that's worth my consideration as we are all sinners. But I know one thing for sure, there can be no such thing as a proud Christian.
You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. (1 Peter 5:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment