About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Why do Unbelievers Hate The Bible?

Many Christians have heard it, and I'm pretty sure almost all Christian bloggers have heard it; an unbeliever prefacing his/her claim to why they don't believe the bible with "I've read the bible and..." I used to challenge those remarks with "What part of the bible in particular do you have problems with understanding?" but the response was generally the same: "The whole thing!" followed by a long confused screed that generally contains the words "... and that whole bacon thing, what's up with that?"

I just had a comment on my review of H2's "The Bible Rules" by a fiercely liberal Canadian woman who suggests that the ungodly, heretical "The Bible Rules" is a pretty good show and the reasons why Christians don't like it is because 
"The truth is, most of them have very little understanding of their own "holy book"; they certainly don't have much actual education in the matter... Whether ignorance is by accident or deliberate, it's equally appalling, in this day and age."
I did invite the lass to join me in bible study and maybe with the help of the Holy Spirit some light will be shed on the Gospel for her, I truly hope. But in researching the atheists all encompassing hate for the Gospel I found words that do not give me a lot of hope for her enlightenment:
15 To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed. (Titus 1:15-16)
That pretty much sums up why atheists hate the bible, and why blasphemous shows like H2's "The Bible Rules" and movies like the Russel Crowe "Noah" are filmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment