About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Random Stuff... and Things!

Movies I Will Not See Act 1 - I knew Noah was going to be bad but it's worse than I thought. To begin with just the disclaimer alone was enough to make me cringe:
The film is inspired by the story of Noah. While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide. The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis.
Inspired by... artistic license... these are Hollywood buzz words that mean "We made this stuff up" - kind of like the sexed-up dumbed-down historical disaster that was "A Beautiful Mind". How true to the bible is Noah? Not at all admits the director, and he's happy with that, he's proud to say that Noah is the LEAST BIBLICAL film ever made. If you read nothing else this month (except for your bible) please read Pastor Joe Schimmel's review of Noah. You'll save some money to use on a far better cause than seeing Noah. You may also want to read Revelation 22:18-19 and Deuteronomy 4:2

Movies I Will Not See Act 2 - I will not go to see Son of God, you can't make me, I won't go, it's just wrong on many levels. If you do get sucked into seeing this film ask yourself some questions, besides the obvious "where's the exit?". Of course this is just more new age babble from the folks that brought us the History Channel's The Bible. I suggest further reading: Proverbs 30:5-6 and Matthew 24:24

Movies I Will Not See Act 3 - Bill O'Reilly's book gaff filled book Killing Jesus is set to be made into a 4 hour miniseries on National Geographic. O'Reilly openly admits that the one thing missing from his narrative of the execution of the son of God is God. O'Reilly claims to be Roman Catholic however he openly says that the Bible is merely allegory and is not to be taken seriously. That's the last time Mr. O'Reilly was allowed in my house. Maybe Bill missed 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Timothy 4:3

Movies I Will See #1 - I've been waiting for God's Not Dead to come out for a long time, and my bride and I are going to see it opening weekend. I'll take the low budget film with positive bible values over the high budget heresy that's polluting this country. Yes, there are some negative arguments against God's Not Dead but I would argue some of those arguments.

Movies I Will See #2 - Noah! Yep, I'm definitely going to see Noah, the real Noah. This one looks so much better than the Hollywood version.



I understand the reasoning - I understand the need to attract people's attention, I enjoy a well crafted, thought provoking, chuckle inspiring church sign more than the next person (I'm the head of the Signage Ministry at the First Congregational Church of the Bereans) so I can understand this churches desire to inspire thought about God. But this just doesn't ring right with me for some reason. What do you think?

But it's not the History Channel - in case you missed it astronomer Neil DeGrasse Tyson used his position as scriptreader on the reboot of Cosmos to slam Christianity. It's a fact that 16th Century "astronomer" Giordano Bruno was executed by the Roman Inquisition, but not for advancing scientific research as DeGrasse stated. It's bad enough that the RCC felt a need to execute people, but for a scientist like DeGrasse to lie about the real reasons why Bruno was executed just to advance his atheistic position is petty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment