About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's So Good To Be Home

Mount Of The Holy Cross, Colorado
I've spent the past 6 weeks in Florida helping out with my folks as they hit a tough patch medically, but they're doing as well as a pair of octogenarians are going to be doing now and I've returned home to my love - my bride who stayed behind to maintain the home QTH and keep the dogs in kibble. While not the most astute handyman I do keep my claw hammer plugged in and my pliers sharpened so I'm ready to rock, and my sweetie has been pretty good at revealing the list of Honey Dos at a slow pace so I'm not completely overwhelmed. 

I like Florida, it's warm and sunny and I get to mow the yard in February (which was a lifetime first for me) and morning prayers down by the lagoon or beach at sunrise was so moving, but whenever I looked to the west something was missing. Something big. Something like a three mile high pile of rock, crowned with all the beauty of God's creative wonder. While in FL folks would ask me where I'm from and I'd answer "1700 miles west and one mile closer to God." 

While I was gone things changed a bit at the First Congregational Church of the Bereans, for one thing the congregation met and elected Pastor Lovejoy as the new permanent Senior Pastor, and I was elected to the board as a trustee. Regardless of the changes it was so good to be among my church family worshiping with them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment