About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year


I don't know what to expect in the new year and I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know that God's will shall be done. Most people hope for a better new year, and in some aspects some things will be better than last year, but in reality this fallen world is accelerating it's slide into the abyss. This is both terrifying and exhilarating. Terrifying because we as Christians know what is in store for this world, and exhilarating because we as Christians know what is in store for us. 
15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:15-17)
When I look at the majesty of God's creation, and my favorite bit of the majesty of God's creation is the Rocky Mountains, it's hard not to love the world, after all He made it for us. It's dizzying to think that the splendor of those mountains - the trees, the rock formations, the minerals that have never been tapped, and the herds of animals that call them home - it's just a temporary thing God threw together in a matter of hours just for us. How much more spectacular is our true home going to be when He calls us to be with Him? 

I like to think that compared to what God has planned for us, this world is equivalent a plastic bowl with a plastic palm tree that we used to keep turtles in. This is not a turtle's real habitat any more than this world is the real home home God originally intended for us. I could go on and on about how moral values are being torn apart, how quoting the bible is now hate speech, and how even prayer is now illegal
For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. (Hebrews 13:14)
So if I care to remember one thing this New Years Eve, it's that not only is it a special day in the lives of Mrs. WideAwakeChristian and myself, but to also discard the worries and fears of the approaching darkness. Yes, it's also one day closer to being with Him, and for that I'm thankful every day. As for looking to the future in 2014, the only thing I know for sure is that I will be seeking the lord
11 For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.’ (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment