About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Duck Hypocrisy

Lost in the media hysteria about Phil Robertson's recent remarks about gays is one important thing; Phil Robertson's recent remarks about gays.

In an interview with Esquire magazine Phil Robertson was talking about sin, forgiveness and redemption, which GLAAD, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against honest Discussion Discrimination, sees as an attack on gay people. I know how these people work, you can say anything about homosexuality, and it doesn't matter what you say, if GLAAD decides you are a homophobe, you're immediately under attack regardless of what you've actually said, and they will lie about what you said to validate their point. However if they think you are of any value, they will completely ignore what you said, and maybe even praise you for it. 

I've been classified as a homophobe for the sin of (if you're easily shocked, please turn away) Telling People That John Shore Is Intentionally Misinterpreting The Bible. John Shore worships the words of Dan Savage more than the word of God, and that's his right, he can worship anything he wants, including Dan Savages bitter hate speech and child abusive rants. But because I pointed out the inaccuracies of Shore's message I am labeled a homophobe (and worse). However the gay community is utterly wrong, I'm not a homophobe, I fear no man, I fear God.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
Welcome to the club Phil, some of the finest men and women on earth have been labeled homophobes because they dare point out that sin is sin. Yet while the shrieks of hysteria over the words of a godly man is flooding the airwaves let's turn aside and take a look at what the Pope, leader of a billion catholics, says about homosexuality:

‘Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person? We must always consider the person.”
Now let's look at what Phil Robertson said
“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”
Phil talked about love and spreading the Gospel of Jesus, while the pope was about as non-committal about sin as someone could possibly be. For saying that we must love the homosexual Phil Robertson is castigated and driven off the air. For saying pretty much nothing the Pope is heralded as the Man of the Year by the gay and lesbian community. 

Again: Phil Robertson, a man of God, a man who never fails to preach the gospel says we must love the homosexual and is condemned by the homosexuals. The pope, a man of religion who can't even get Jesus' message of salvation right falls back on his old "it's only sin if you think it's sin" heresy and gets accolades. 

Alec Baldwin publicly tweeted about a homosexual reporter calling him "a toxic little queen" and threatened to assault the man in terms so vile I won't post them here yet the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against honest Discussion Discrimination forgave him immediately due to Baldwin's liberalism. Phil Robertson who preaches that we love sinners and that we are all sinners not so much.

Are we seeing a trend of hypocrisy here? Well, haters are going to hate, and these days it's very popular to hate Jesus and the people who love Him, just as Jesus told us it would happen:
18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’ (John 15:18-35)
If Phil had been talking solely about homosexuals all of this hysterical anguish may have a point, but he wasn't, so they don't. Phil was talking about sinful behavior, not people. Along with homosexuals behavior he spoke about the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, and the swindlers. If Phil Robertson is anti anything he's anti-sin, anyone that ever heard him talking to his children and grandchildren about the sins of his youth and how to avoid them would know this. However it is plainly obvious that Phil Robertson and his family's message of love for Jesus Christ and all of mankind isn't popular and the forces of the fallen world are trying to crush that message. As Charles Hurt, an editor at the Drudge Report wrote:
Phil Robertson and his industrious -- not to mention genuinely quick-witted and riotously funny -- clan have been around a long time, kept in the obscure headwaters of television programming. Robertson -- bearded camo aficionado -- grew up in the backwoods of Louisiana and figured out something missing from the marketplace. So he started hand-crafting cedar duck calls in a shed behind his house. Turned out he was right, and the business turned into a family empire. They have made millionaires out of themselves and hired people all over their small town. All the while, the Robertsons have remained faithful to their roots, traditions, and, most importantly, their religion. In other words, they are hate-filled racists, according to establishment media. Their very appealing children say "yes, sir" and "no, ma'am." They end every episode with everyone gathered around the dinner table, saying grace and expressing thanks for all their many blessings.
Through all this hypocritical hysteria Phil remains a godly man. As he responded to the undeserved criticism... let's be honest and call it what it is; persecution... he said on Wednesday:
I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs, and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.
You can hide from almost anything, but you can't duck God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment