About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Officer Getting Back Up

Fund Raiser for my Brother In Law
As I mentioned before, my brother-in-law was very seriously injured in a motorcycle vs semi accident. It's been a very turbulent time in our lives as his condition changed from day to day. At one point his liver and kidneys had shut down, his gall bladder had gangrene, he was unable to breathe on his own, and due to a blood infection he was running a 106.5 temperature. When ever the medical team had one problem cleared another would pop up, and maybe an old one would resurface just to keep them busy.

The outpouring of love and support has been incredible, from blood drives to fund raisers, the people of Ontario CA have been incredible. The Ontario Police Officers Association had a BBQ fund raiser for him, which was so well attended by police, civilians and numerous motorcycle clubs that they ran out of food to serve. Prayer chains from coast to coast prayed for my brother in law and today I'm happy to report that 41 days after being hit by a truck my brother in law has been moved out of the Intensive Care Unit. He's still not out of the woods yet but he is much stronger and his spirits have never been better.

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers, and thank you Father in heaven for your healing and your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment