About

Per Fidem Intrepidus means "Fearless Through Faith". My courage isn't my own, it comes from the Holy Spirit, it's my faith in God and my personal savior Christ Jesus that calms my fears and allows me to move forward in this fallen world. Personally I'm afraid of a lot of stuff, but having the faith that Jesus adopted me as his little, sin filled, brother keeps me going.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Great Way To Deal With Economic Persecution

As Eternity Matters puts it: Wise as serpents, innocent as doves."

As we've heard, but not in the Lame Main Stream Media, Christian businesses are under attack by the forces of the enemy. Satan is using homosexuals to persecute Christian owned businesses simply for the act of being a Christian owned business. To me this makes sense as a strategy - the United States is a country based on business, so Satan will attack Christians based on business. 

A Christian business in Iowa is under attack for turning down a gay wedding 

A Christian bakery in Lakewood Colorado is under attack for turning down a gay wedding

A Christian florist in Washington is under attack for turning down a gay wedding

So how do we Christians handle these attacks? Simple - we act like Christ. 


Did our Lord and Savior ever turn someone away because he disagreed with their sins? He tested people's faith on occasion such as he did with the Canaanite woman, but Jesus never said "No". He loved, He taught, He healed, He preached, He saved, never once did he say Go Away. On occasion his instruction caused someone to leave, such as in Matthew 19:16-22, but he never rejected anyone. In fact he used each occasion to teach God's word.

And that's what we should do - say "Yes" and use the opportunity to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. The BaylyBlog offers a suggestion on how to deal with the situation but I think their suggestion is a bit nasty. We're not here to push the sinner away, we're here to draw them close and maybe get them talking to God. Should we be in a position where a customer requests our services or participation in a gay wedding I suggest an answer along the lines of:
Of course, I will provide my goods or services for your wedding. I serve anyone that asks. Please keep in mind that this is a Christian business and I use every opportunity to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ through word and literature and will probably do so at your wedding. However if you are uncomfortable with this I will be happy to refer you to another business that may fit into your plans better. 
There you go, everyone's been warned, you were honest with a potential customer, their dignity is intact and if you're lucky you might get the chance to spread the Gospel and draw another fellow sinner closer to Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment